The Faculty of Law of “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University was founded in 1855. It is the academic space with the vastest tradition in the study of law sciences and in the training of law theoreticians and
practitioners in Romania.
Our mission, sketched and consolidated by the efforts of some of the most important Romanian jurists, is defined not only in relation with the teaching activity, but also with the preoccupation for the research and development of the Romanian law in the European space.
With over two thousand students and undergraduate and postgraduate education opportunities, the Faculty of Law is a viable partner of the Romanian legal system and wishes to be a partner of the legal education institutions within the European Union.
To that end, the Faculty of Law offers excellent academic staff, the necessary logistics, but also the dynamism of its students, who are passionately dedicated to the study of the theoretic principles and practical aspects of legislation and jurisprudence in a state under the rule of law.