Dear Madam / Sir,
we are glad to invite you to submit your papers and participate in the International Conference “Forensic Science and its Implications in the Development of Human Society” (FOSIDHUS), which will be held online on the 24th of April, 2021.
►About the Conference
Inspired by the 8 previous successful editions of the National Conference on Forensic Science, the Faculty of Law of “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University of Iaşi, Romania, in partnership with the National Institute of Forensic Expertise – Inter-county Laboratory of Forensic Expertise Iaşi (INEC – LIEC Iaşi), the Romanian Association of Specialists in the Expertise of Traffic Accidents (ARSEAT) and the Law Students Association (ASD), organises the first edition of the International Conference “Forensic Science and its Implications in the Development of Human Society” (FOSIDHUS).
Forensic Science is a discipline of great interest, both for people working in the legal field and for the general public. This major interest is justified by the importance of Forensic Science, a discipline that, by applying scientific methods, allows finding out the truth, which is essential not only for the legal field, but also for society in general. Motivated by the importance of Forensic Science, we want to create a favourable environment for specialists in this field, so they can build a dialogue relating to their scientific ideas and discoveries, regardless of their country of origin.
Among other distinguished guests of this year’s edition, we are glad to welcome:
Mr. Aldo Mattei (PhD, Chair of European Network of Forensic Science Institutes Fingerprint Working Group); Mr. Valeriu Bujor (Professor, PhD, Rector of the Institute of Criminal Sciences and Applied Criminology, Republic of Moldova);
Mr. Ryhor Tratsiakou (Associate Professor, PhD, Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno, Republic of Belarus).
These three guests are also members of the Scientific Board of the conference.
The theme of this year’s edition is “The Challenges of Forensic Science in the Covid Pandemic”. This topic is the expression of our desire to stimulate the search for effective solutions to current problems existing in our society, problems that are to be found even in Forensics. However, scientific papers must not necessarily refer to the Covid pandemic, as this edition’s theme mainly emphasises the present-day background of the work carried out by Forensics specialists.
● The event will take place on the 24th of April, 2021.
● The conference will be held via an online platform. All necessary technical information needed in order to have access to the online platform will be communicated to participants in a timely manner.
● For registration, please submit the registration form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfuQR27kvN768l_qvy_hC-C5zLaDcl5RUHGciFkL65esasgaQ/viewform
● The registration deadline is the 12th of April, 2021.
● Scientific papers of the participants may be focused on a wide range of topics, in Forensic Science or related fields, such as Criminology, Forensic Medicine, Forensic Psychology, Criminal Procedure Law, Forensic Toxicology etc.
● Full-length papers, after their analysis according to peer review rules, if accepted, will be published in the Scientific Annals of “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University of Iaşi, Legal Sciences Series. This journal is indexed in the international databases HeinOnline, SCIPIO, and CEEOL. The deadline for sending the full-length papers is 1st of June, 2021. Participants with accepted papers will receive additional information in a timely manner.
● Full-length papers must strictly follow the guidelines, available at: pub.law.uaic.ro/en/ghidul-autorilor (please copy and paste the text in your browser).
● There is no fee for participating at the conference and, also, there is no fee for publishing the accepted papers.
● For further information, please email: email@example.com
We are convinced that, through your participation, this event will bring an important contribution to the development of Forensic Science, which, essentially, is one of the premises needed for creating a better society!
FOSIDHUS 2021 Organising Committee